SAP Business ByDesign keeps on moving and moving as a successful Public Cloud ERP. It is still funny to see that the ERP analysts are talking as “The best-kept secret within SAP (Mint Jutras – link)” or “The frog is turning into a Prince (Diginomica-Den Howlett – link“, while SAP is mainly talking about S/4HANA products. We unlocked that secret already in 2012 and we do know this prince very well! Scheer – as SAP Recognized Expertise Partner for SAP ByD, build a substantial practice to support customers in deploying SAP Byd within their operations.
Facts of SAP ByD
- More than 6.500 customers are using the application. This is a 31% growth in the past year!
- Companies in 144+ countries are using SAP ByD;
- If you look to the segments of transactions for 2019 (compared with 2018):
- 650M Finance Docs (+44%)
- 30M Sales Orders (+53%)
- 6,6M Production Orders (+42%)
- 1,15M Projects (+51%)
- 56M Time Recordings (+24%)
- SAP ByD counts 200+ software partners across the globe with 5700+ (+31%) add-on solutions
- SAP ByD is available for 12 languages, localized for more than 50+ countries and another 30+ are pre-localized by partners;
- SAP ByDis used by organizations from 20 up to 10.000 users without any constraints. It can process 35.000 invoices, each with 20 items per hour.
Functional strong and complaint
The beauty of SAP ByD remains the full-scope of ERP functionality to give organisations with 50-1000 employees a more then perfect base to support the business with standard and proven best practices.
- Financials: Get a real-time view on your financials, streamline core accounting processes including cash and liquidity management.
- Customer relationship management: Master marketing, sales, and service by integrating front- and back-office processes in a single solution.
- Project management: Manage projects of any size across all functional areas by enabling teams to deliver, invoice, and monitor in real time.
- Supplier relationship management: Organize sourcing, contracting, RFQ processing, supplier management, and empower employees with self-services.
- Supply chain management: Model your internal and external supply with and end-to-end value chain. Achieve transparency on cost and inventory valuation.
- Human resource management: Streamline people engagement with central organization management, workforce
- Insight-fullness: Built-in, real-time analytics with more than 500 standard reports, dozens of prebuilt KPIs, and Microsoft Excel integration
In addition to the best practices related to the above areas, SAP ByD gets its quarterly updates to ensure compliance and governance for the various countries, like GDPR (AVG), IFRS-15, IFRS-16:
- Data privacy: Advanced data retention configuration and analysis
- Data privacy: Extended data disclosure for natural persons
- Data privacy: Disclose and delete lease contracts
- E-invoicing: Enhanced output management
SAP ByD 2020 Outlook
Find below the video of Rainer Zinow (SVP Product Management Small and Mid Sized Enterprises SAP SE).
SAP ByD Roadmap
Move to Cloud ERP
Scheer is organising periodic webinars to explain the preparation of the transition to SAP Cloud ERP, including SAP ByD. See below the links to the previous webinars:
- Overstappen naar SAP Cloud ERP met SAP Business ByDesign
- Overstappen naar SAP Cloud ERP met SAP Business ByDesign – Intelligent Enterprise
- Overstappen naar SAP Cloud ERP met SAP Business ByDesign – Migratie
Follow this link to get the full list of replays (including Blogs and Presentations). Replays are in Dutch – presentation materials in English.