Features of SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Features of SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud:
- Infrastructure: public cloud shared with other customers- so-called Multi-Tenant environment;
- License: subscription to Software as a Service - only provided by SAP;
- Upgrades: quarterly fixed and mandatory upgrades (configuration and software);
- Scope: core ERP (subset of full ERP) and specific industries and 42 countries;
- Extensibility: extensibility framework and extensions via SAP Cloud Platform with whitelisted APIs;
- Configuration: use of Self Service Configuration User Interfaces (SSCUIs) based on fit-to-standard workshops in the Explore phase;
- Implementation: greenfield only (new implementation);
- SAP Activate roadmap: SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Essentials;
- SAP Best Practices: scope is selected from these cloud-specific Best Practices;
Which Lines of Businesses are supported by SAP S/4HANA Cloud?
- Operational ERP
- Administrative ERP
- Industry Specific Capabilities
- Real-time Foundation
What are the industry specific capabilities of SAP S/4HANA Cloud?
- Professional Services
- Oil & Gas
What are the administrative ERP business areas within SAP S/4HANA Cloud?
- Human Resources
- Sourcing & Procurement
What are the Real-time Foundation components within SAP S/4HANA Cloud?
- Database and Data Management
- Application Platform & Infrastructure
- IT Management
More details regarding the functionality related to the scope items for the different components can be found here.
(best.practices.scheer-nederland.com > SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Editiion)
How can SAP S/4HANA Cloud be used?
SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition is only available as Software as a Service model.
How is SAP S/4HANA Cloud updated periodically?
- There are 4 update cycles per year: Feb, May, August and November. The release is indicated by year and month 2102, 2105, 2108 and 2111.
- Each release contains fixes, updates and new features.
- The month prior to the release month, the quality system is updated and provided with Release detail and test scripts.
- Each change to a scope item is provided with test scripts and details related to related scope items.