Features of SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Features of SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud
Based on release 2208 (August 2022)
- Infrastructure: public cloud shared with other customers- so-called Multi-Tenant environment;
- License: subscription to Software as a Service - only provided by SAP;
- Upgrades: 2 major and 8 minor updates
- Scope: core ERP (subset of full ERP) and specific industries and 42 countries;
- Extensibility: extensibility framework and extensions via SAP Cloud Platform with whitelisted APIs;
- Configuration: use of Self Service Configuration User Interfaces (SSCUIs) based on fit-to-standard workshops in the Explore phase;
- Implementation: greenfield only (new implementation);
- SAP Activate roadmap: SAP Activate Methodology for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Essentials;
- SAP Best Practices: scope is selected from these cloud-specific Best Practices;
Which Lines of Businesses are supported by SAP S/4HANA Cloud?
- Operational ERP
- Administrative ERP
- Industry Specific Capabilities
What are the industry specific capabilities of SAP S/4HANA Cloud?
- Oil & Gas
- Professional Services
What are the administrative ERP business areas within SAP S/4HANA Cloud?
- Human Resources
- Sourcing & Procurement
What are the Real-time Foundation components within SAP S/4HANA Cloud?
- Database and Data Management
- Application Platform & Infrastructure
- IT Management
More details regarding the functionality related to the scope items for the different components can be found here.
(best.practices.scheer-nederland.com > SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Editiion)
How can SAP S/4HANA Cloud be used?
SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition is only available as Software as a Service model.
How is SAP S/4HANA Cloud updated periodically?
- There are 2 major update cycles per year: February and August.
- In between are the monthly minor updates
- Each release contains fixes, updates and new features or innovations
- The month prior to the release month, the quality system is updated and provided with Release detail and test scripts.
- Each change to a scope item is provided with test scripts and details related to related scope items.
As of release 2208, the SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud exist of a 3-tier landscape: Development, Test and Production Systems. This development system gives customers more capabilities and control for extensibility options.
Development System: where the solution is scoped and activated and where configuration and enhancements are implemented. Changes are transported to the Test system for quality assurance.
Test System: this is your quality assurance environment during the implementation to validate updates. During the periodic upgrades, the Test System is upgraded first before the upgrade of Production and Development systems.
Production Systems: this is where your business transacts, plan and run. This system is automatically updated to the latest product version regularly after 3-weeks testing period of the test system
Starter System is only available at the initial start of the implementation, It includes the configuration and master data for the selected cloud solutions. This system is used for the Fit-to-Standard Workshops. The Starter System is decommissioned one month after the delivery of the Production System